Monday, October 6, 2008

Red Flannel Day


We had a tradition growing up at my house. It was called Red Flannel Day. I was born into a town whose claim to fame was the fact that they were the originators of the Red Flannel PJ's. For those of you who don't know what those are, just think, long one piece, red pajamas with a drop seat in the back....yep! Thats my town for you! :-) So, we have a whole day set aside to celebrate it. Everyone wears red, there is a big parade and all in all its just a fun day for the family.


The sister and sister in law--unfortunately, Erin didn't make it home this year, because she had to work.


Jade loved the parade. Especially the candy that was tossed her way.


Neller Beller and I! We have grown up together. I don't remember a time when I did not know Danella.


My first babysitting kid ever. Now she is all grown up....my cousin Stacey.


Kaelah went home with me to experience Red Flannel Day. Jade loves her to death and really enjoyed "brushing" her hair. Kaelah enjoyed it as well until Jade suddenly wacked her upside the head! lol


Enjoying the parade.


My baby girl and I.


My niece Emma, Kaelah and I


Jada and I

1 comment:

Jana said...

I enjoyed catching a glimpse of this event. Mark has fond memories of it!! We've never made it up there for this, but looks like it would be fun!!