Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hot day with the kids....

Kaelah and Ally played dress up today. They came out of their room like this, and I thought it was so cute. They have the best imaginations.



I took a quick shower today to get the pool water out of my hair, and I heard some unearthly noise coming from Ryan's room, where I made the boys play until I got done. I immediately called out and asked them what they were doing, and the answer coming back was, "We are making music!" They said it with such a "DUH!" expression. It was so funny. Trust me the explanation was necessary because it did not sound ANYTHING like any music I have ever heard.


Kaelah and Ally are both habitually scared of the water. KK doesn't like water in her face or ears, and Ally is positive that she CANNOT swim. But the other day something clicked and they both took off swimming together, and it has been a different story ever since. They run and jump in, swim under water, on top of water and whatever else you could think of. Of course they are still really concerned about not going over their heads, so that makes things a bit easier for me.

So, all in all, our first day without Teresa went quite well. We stayed busy and had some fun. But we still missed her a lot, and will continue to do so.

3 comments:

Kim M. said...

So now you are a nanny to five? Is this a permanent thing? Looks like fun!

Karen Carroll said...

Holly! Good to read your blog! You are the SuperNanny! Good to see you are still playing volleyball; we go back together in high school playing at State and Nationals. And let's not forget every year for Thanksgiving together as kids. Keep in touch, I also have a Yahoo360 page that I use regularly. Ruth is a blogger too with 360. Lots of love, Karen

My Life in Pictures said...

Karen, if you give me your address I will go on your page. Can't figure out how to do it.... :-)