Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Shipshewana fun...

I was able to see my Nieces Jade and Emma last weekend. Here are a couple of new pics of Jade.


She slept more this time then right after she was born.

And here is precious little Emma Dilemma. She LOVED the horses and that included the carousel ride. In fact she had most of the family on there with her. :-)


Here is a bunch of us taking a little drive in an Amish buggy.


In one of the stores, they have this huge white pine (I think) log that spans about three stories of the store. Maybe 4. It is huge. Dad of course had to see if he and Kyle could get their arms around it.



Every year the Saturday before Memorial Day, my mom and dad have made it a tradition to go to Shipshewana, IN. It is a small amish community and they have a Haiti benefit auction on that day. It is really neat to see all the great stuff that the amish people made and then donated to the auction to help out missions in Haiti. Meanwhile we get stuffed on some great food, the least of which is the best homemade donuts you will ever taste! Melissa was just talking to me on the phone, lamenting that she didn't bring a box home.

2 comments:

becky said...

Looks like you all had a good time. Jade is already looking older. She is soooo cute. Thanks for posting these pix and the ones of Jamie and her kids. It is great to be able to "see" them.

becky said...

Hey Hol, I thought I would answer your comment on here because I did not know if you would see it on mine. I answere on mine too.
Yes, I do miss the boys ALOT. Ecspecially at special occasions like graduation.
I also think that old friends are the best. Miss seeing you. Love ya!