Friday, December 5, 2008

A crazy but fun night!

Timmy the terror!



Egan, Graham and Rosie making popcorn chains for the first time.


Graham with his little chain.


The finished product! They were so proud of themselves!



Well, I am sitting at work tonight with all four of the kids in bed sound asleep, my feet are freezing, and I am wishing that Erin was here to start a fire for me. She is quite good at it, and I am....well, I don't know how I am because I have never tried. But I do know, that I have no clue even how to begin! Anyways, I am trying to wind down from a very crazy night with the Dewitt kids. When I got to work, Amy started telling me how her youngest, Timmy, had about driven her insane all day because he was getting into everything and that she had caught him playing in a toilet that his brother had not flushed. He had a hand towel and two rolls of toilet paper in the toilet, and water all over the bathroom! So when I came in she had just finished giving him a bath, and scrubbing down the whole bathroom. She and her husband got ready and left for the night telling the kids they could string popcorn chains if they wanted to. So I started rushing around getting things ready for that when I heard Graham (3 yrs) start wailing in the bathroom! I ran in there and saw him standing next to the toilet with --to put it delicately--a very big, mess in his pants which were hanging around his knees. Apparently he passed a little gas while he was using the potty and got a bit of a surprise! I had decent clothes on and the mess was such that I was worried I would get a bit "dirty" cleaning it up, and even worse--be stuck in dirty clothes the rest of the night-- so I told him not to move and I ran upstairs and raided Andrews t-shirt and sweat pant drawer. I changed faster than you want to know. Meanwhile, Rosie and Egan are running all over the house finding me a trash bag, paper towels, wet wipes and a hair band (to keep my hair out of things). I ran back down and took care of the mess and put Graham in the bathtub, accompanied the whole time with Graham wailing at the top of his lungs. I finally convinced him that accidents happen like this and he really didn't need to cry anymore, and thankfully he stopped. Whew! So then we went downstairs and I got the popcorn popped and the kids made their first popcorn chains ever. Rosie and Egan did a great job and loved every minute of it. Graham liked it too, but after poking his finger 5 times, with 5 pieces of popcorn to show for it, decided that maybe I should finish it for him. By then popcorn was ALL over the floor and for the first time I began to wonder where their vacuum was. Thankfully, it was close, but unfortunately, it didn't work! These kids are the best kids and they both ran and got brooms and started doing their best to sweep up the popcorn. They worked right along with me until every drop of that popcorn was picked up. I was impressed. And, I remembered why they are the only family that I will give up my precious, free nights to babysit for. :-) So all in all, I have had a very busy, crazy night, but I had a lot of fun as well.

3 comments:

Cara said...

that's crazy! I hate it when there is a "bathroom" mess. If you can't deal with it immediately, you never know what might happen. Once when Cam was little, he pooped on the floor. (we must have been potty training and he was naked) I rushed out to get paper towels to clean it up and when I got back to the offending pile, it was gone! One of the dogs took care of it for me!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! ha ha, that is hilarious cara!

Holly, cute pics of my babies!

Nichole said...

Wow, you gotta love kids! For some reason Keegan is scared to death of his poop. He'll go once in a great while when he's in the bathtub & it scares him so bad he just picks it up and flings it across the bathroom while screaming frantically. Ugh! What a mess! :)