Monday, November 10, 2008

A Great Weekend....

Except for Kim--All previous "GBS" girls! Lisa (Graham) Pond, Teresa (Graham) Sams, Kim (Ensley) Matlock, Rhoda (Bell) Miles, Myself, and Carrie (Glass) Carter all enjoying Chipotle!

The day that Teresa called me and told me that she was going to have a "dirty, rotten, stinkin' boy!", I got the brilliant (if I do say so myself!) idea to have her come out for a baby shower. Since most of her close friends live relatively close to me, and her mom and sister live about 7 or 8 hours away, I thought we could maybe pull it off. And we did! You know those friends that you have that no matter how much time has passed....it is like you just saw each other yesterday? That is how the whole weekend was! It was so much fun! It was basically a weekend long party.

Kaelah and Ally. Teresa nannied Ally for about two years before she got married and KK and Ally became best buddies! They were so happy that they got to play together at the shower.

Erin got us this beautiful cake from the Bon-Bonerie. Well, she accidently ordered a "Girl" cake. So twenty minutes before she picked it up I called them and they did a wonderful job fixing it! You never would have known that it had anything to do with a girl! They always do a spectacular job. For those of you that live in the Cincinnati are....you really need to look them up if you haven't already done so. Especially if you like baked goods.


The mommy to be and the cake--you can't even tell she is pregnant in this pic! lol



Poor Elizabeth partied a little too hard and needed a nap right in the middle. So the last half of present opening was accompanied with the cutest little snores! lol




Back Row: Joy Barnett, Lisa Pond, Carrie Carter, Rhoda and Elizabeth Miles, Mary Emmorey, Ma Graham, Ally and Kaelah, Erin Emmorey, Kim Matlock, Diane Kerr, Marla Kouche
Front Row: Brittany Pond, Sharon Weckel, Teresa Sams, Arlette Makcen, Holly Emmorey
It was a great group and a really fun afternoon, full of wonderful memories and lots of laughter. Its is so nice when you get together with the people you are close to. It has a great way of reminding you of why you came to love them in the first place!

The shower Spread :-)



Teresa and I



Sisters!



Rhoda and Erin waiting on Pizza at Deweys! (another place you cincinnati people need to visit if you don't already!)




The three musketeers. We spent many hours together in college!



Seriously, how short am I? Ugh! lol




Yeah, Rhoda makes me feel tall! These two girls have been the best friends a girl could ask for! I was told once by someone in authority in college that I needed to find "better" friends. I wasn't sure who he was talking about, but I told him in no uncertain terms that the friends I had would be lasting friendships that would last a lifetime, and that I wouldn't trade my friendships with them for the world! I told him that our friendship was based on being "real" not on who was the next step up the ladder. (As you can tell, I am still a bit miffed at the audacity of his comment) I was so right! These two girls have gotten me through some pretty rough spots, and I like to think that I helped them get through some rough spots as well. Between us, we have had quite a bit of hurt to deal with and we have been there for each other every step of the way. Love them!


9 comments:

Cara said...

Holly,

What a nice post--fun time and a tribute to your friends! As always, one of your strongest qualities comes through: loyalty! It is good to have loyal friends--to know they are going to be there no matter what!

Carrie said...

Right here is where I insert a happy sigh. We had such a great time. I vote that this weekend we all come to Indy and party with me. The reception area in my clinic is a tad small, but I think we could all fit! I'll just have to answer phones and check in client, but I'm pretty sure I can party and work at the same time!!

Thanks again, Holly! You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

in my defense, my brain takes leave sometimes! . . . that's a pretty bad defense!

Jana said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Those pics. bring back lots of Good ole' G.B.S. memories--Fun times!! :-)

Marty said...

Holly,

Larry is on facebook not blogspot...do you have an account? If so send Larry a friend invite and you can catch up!!

This is such a great post...Teresa and Lisa and I grew up going to the same summer camp! It is great to see them and how they are doing! Tell them I said Hello! They are as beautiful as I remember!!

Bethany Fleming said...

Sounds like you all had a great time!

Kim M. said...

We had such a great time! Thank you so much! Great pictures!

Kim M. said...

Does Carrie have a blog or will it just not let "me" look at it? :-D

Kristina Clemens said...

Looks like such great times...these are the kind of pics you look back at and think, Wow, we were on top of the world! Love ya