Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A trip to Michigan!


I went home this weekend for Red Flannel Day weekend. This festival is something of a tradition in my family. Our little town of Cedar Springs was where the first pair of red flannel underwear were made. Not just any red flannels, but the drop seat full length red flannels. So we have a festival every year to celebrate that wonderful honor. :-) Of course, Aunt Holly had to play dress up with Jade. She looked so cute. She is getting even bigger than I thought.
My nephew Shadley came over as well, and since it has been quite a while since I have seen him, it was pretty nice to spend some time with him. He is a very tall three year old, who loves to swing on the swing, and hit the whiffle ball.

He needed a little help gettting things going, so his dad helped him get a stance.

Here are the girls. My mom has a hammock in her front yard, and it is the scene of much hilarity. We have had some really nice, funny times out there, and we have had some pretty good accidents hammocks aren't the steadiest of napping places. :-)
Emma loves to swing as well. She is such a cutie and so much fun.

The parade was extremely hot for October. I don't think I have ever been to a Red Flannel Day Parade that was hotter, and i have only missed two in my 31 years. Poor Jade is not a lover of the sun. She would get mad everytime the sun was in her face, so we finally put Emma's cowboy hat on her and that helped shade her.

1 comment:

becky said...

Hey Hol, it was great seeing you on Saturday!!
Great pics, Wow Shadley has gotten so big, I have not seen him I think since he was around 1. Thanks for sharing the pictures, I love seeing them. Talk to you later. Becky