Monday, July 9, 2007

Vacation....

I was able to go to Tablerock Lake near Branson, MO on vacation with Kyle and his family this year. We had a lot of fun. This is Kyle and I with his niece Alexis. She is nine and absolutely adorable.

Kyle and Skyler are die-hard Kansas City Royals fan since they grew up near Kansas City. If you know anything about the Royals' track record, you know that being a fan is a feat in and of itself. Anyway, we went to a Royals game while we there. They were giving out these hats, and it had been raining all day, hence I actually wore the hat. I figured it couldn't look worse than my hair looked! ;-) The Royals lost in the tenth inning, but we had fun anyway.


Kyle's mom and dad have a boat, so we were able to ski and tube while we were there. We did a lot of swimming. The water was crystal clear. Absolutely beautiful. This is Alexis, Kyle's mom, and I enjoying a swim.

All in all, we had a great time. Branson is a quaint little town. Very family oriented. We took in a lumberjack show, and saw a titanic exhibit, and lots of other things. It was all very interesting and fun. This is the first vacation I have had in a long time, so it was nice to actually go somewhere and just enjoy myself.



2 comments:

Jana said...

Hey Holly-
You were very near our stompin' grounds. We are only a couple of hours from Branson. We will be heading there Sat. to start our vacation!!! We are very excited to be going somewhere close that we love! Actually, we were there last Saturday w/ my parents, and bro.& S-i-law taking in the Dixie Stampede. Were you still there??

Glad you had a good time. :-)

My Life in Pictures said...

We left Branson on Saturday. I didn't even think of how close you all were. That is crazy. Branson was fun. A cute little place. And Tablerock Lake was so clear. No scary lake water there. :-) I love being able to see a little bit of your guys' family here. A nice way to keep up with one of my favorite buddies from my childhood. Keep in touch. Have fun on your vacation. :-)